Know the causes of your pain to learn how to stop period cramps
Period cramps may vary according to the severity of pain, which may be the reason for the disruption of a woman’s regular activities such as school work, participation in sports, exercising and so on. Factors that may increase the chance of having menstrual cramps among ladies may include irregular menstrual bleeding also called as Metrorrhagia, family history of dysmenorrheal and unhealthy habit like often drinking of alcohol, smoking and taking illegal drugs. Sedentary lifestyle could also contribute to the factors of having menstrual cramps.
Since menstrual cramps cannot likely be avoided every time you have a menstrual period, here are some tips on how to stop period cramps:
- Use of pill. Pill could end the misery of your period pains. Dysmenorrhea could be a leading reason why most women in their teens and 20s skip their schools and work. It doesn’t only diminish the quality time women spend for their regular activities, but also brings society-wide economic cost through enormous days lost from work and school. Aside from abdominal pain, dysmenorrhea can also be associated to nausea, vomiting, dizziness and sweating. Pills administered by doctors could be of help in stopping period cramps. There are available over-the-counter pills in the market, but it is more advisable to seek the advices of doctors before taking pills to avoid health complications.
- Natural remedies. Menstrual cramps can also be cured by several natural remedies available in your home. Here are some remedies you can prepare to alleviate your period cramps.
- Hot compress. Hot compress applied on the stomach or on your back will help in thinning the blood and relaxing your abdominal muscles. The effect of hot compress could also soothe your nerve. Having a warm bath could also relax your nerves, eventually reducing your menstrual cramps.
- Chamomile honey tea. Chamomile and honey offer a natural soothing effect that calms your nerve. It doesn’t just help ease your period cramps, but also help treat other health problems.
- Consume foods rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids and/or Magnesium. Salmon fish could be the source of omega 3 fatty acids. Foods rich in magnesium help relax your nerves as well as help you sleep and improve your digestion.
- Get a massage. Massage could help improve your body’s water retention and relaxes your muscles from tension brought by the pain.
- Consume foods rich in Vitamins and Calcium. There are foods and drinks that are rich in vitamins and Calcium. Take some of it. Calcium tends to help reduce your mood swings and eases cramping while Vitamins help regulate your blood.
- Drink wine. Alcohol tends to thin blood. 2 glasses of wine would be suitable in helping your blood circulate.
- Exercise. Having daily exercise is believed to have positive effects in the body. Activities such as yoga and meditation are stress reduction activities that would help ease your menstrual cramps.
You want to know how to stop your period cramps forever? In that case I recommend you Menstrual Cramps Cure. It is a new holistic system. Actually the only thing that worked for me after all. Read my review here.
There are a lot of ways on how to stop period cramps. Women suffering from this frustrating feeling could seek various ways of dealing with the pain. Pills, natural remedies, doctor advices and home medicine can help you deal with the tormenting feeling of having period cramps. You just have to pick what is best for you and suffer no more!