The menstrual cycle of each woman varies from person to person for a multitude of reasons. There are many reasons that you would want to know how to shorten your period. For example, if you have a longer menstrual cycle, you will be constantly searching for ways to minimize your discomfort by shortening your period or even delaying it for a few days, or even a few hours.
Know How to Shorten Your Period.
Menstruation is one of the vital functions of a woman’s body and it continues till the process of menopause sets in. The menstrual cycle starts from the days of attaining puberty and goes on until menopause. The menstrual cycle repeats every 21 to 45 days and it usually occurs every month. The period of menstruation extends from 3 to 7 days and if you have long days of discharge then you must find how to shorten your period.
- Taking birth control pills
- Hormone balancing herbs
- Do some exercises
- Stop period cramps and pain in a natural way
- Keep your body in a hydrated state
- Taking birth control pills is one of the ways and in your search to know how to shorten your period. The Pills that are used primarily for avoiding unwanted pregnancy also help in getting relief from the discomforts of menstruation as well as shortening the duration of your discharge. Oral contraception is designed to stop the process of ovulation. For many women this also relieves many of the symptoms that are characteristic of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS). You have different types of birth control pills that act differently but give the result of reduced bleeding time during menstruation giving you short menstrual periods.
- The process of menstruation is a combined effect of various hormones and for the normal period to occur there must be a perfect balance in your hormonal levels. Especially the level of progesterone in your body at this time is very important. Certain herbs and medical substances are found to be very effective in achieving this. For instance the chaste berry is one of such substances that help in normalizing the levels of prolactin and progesterone in the body during different times of your menstrual cycle helping you to have shorter periods with lighter discharges.
- In your further search to know how to shorten your period you will find that doing more of the exercises you normally do also help in having shorter periods. When you engage more in your cardio vascular or running exercises or other forms of sports activities during the month you can expect shorter menstrual periods with lesser discharge. It is important that you must continue them even during times of menstruation to get a continuous effect. As there is a direct impact of your body fat on this try to remain in your right weight range and this will have more effect on your menstrual cycle.
- Stimulation is also an effective way of shortening your menstrual period. Your search to know how to shorten your period may find a surprise answer in getting aroused is the best way to do it. When you feel contractions that occur in the Uterus the discharge faster and once all the cleaning work is done naturally your discharge gets lighter and the period of discharge also gets shorter. So indulge in sexual acts by masturbation or sexual intercourse to get shorter periods.
- If you are experiencing period pain over days or just have bad cramps every time your menstruation starts, you should do something to stop it in long term. Read Menstrual Cramps Cure to learn how to stop your pain forever. It might take around 60 days but it will be worth it for your health. I’ve tested it and it was the only thing that really helped me. You can read my journey from severe menstrual cramps to pain-free in my Menstrual Cramps Cure Review.
- When you are bothered by the question how to shorten your period staying hydrated with the right types of drinks is one of the essential ways to keep your periods shorter. For this you have to take at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in a regular way and this helps in maintaining the water balance in your body. But take care to avoid sweetened drinks and caffeine or alcohol.